- Information held by us
- How long is personal data held for?
- Where is personal data held?
- How is personal data deleted?
- Access to personal information, correction and deletion
INFORMATION HELD BY US
We hold personal information about:
- Former clients and prospective clients
- Job applicants
We also hold information about financial transactions relating to these eg services or treatments provided, products bought, payroll information.
HOW LONG IS PERSONAL DATA HELD FOR?
We aim not to hold personal data longer than necessary. Unless requested by an individual, the following types of data will be held for the periods shown below, after which it will be securely deleted or destroyed:
- Client general records
- 12 months
- Client health records
- 4 years
- Financial transactions, invoices and supplier details
- 6 years
- Employee records, contracts of employment, changes to terms and conditions, annual leave, training records
- While employment continues and up to 6 years after employment ends
- Payroll and wage records including PAYE, income tax, national insurance, sick pay, redundancy payments
- 6 years from the financial year-end in which payments were made
- Maternity records
- 3 years after the end of the tax year in which the maternity pay period ends
- Job applications (unsuccessful)
- 4 months after notifying unsuccessful candidates
- One year from the end of the month in which they were received or sent unless a longer period is relevant as above. Emails to and from ex-employees or contractors will be deleted within 2 weeks of them leaving unless these form part of the employment record – see above.
WHERE IS PERSONAL DATA HELD?
Personal data about clients, financial transactions and employees are held on our secure salon software system which is backed up every day or held in secure electronic files electronically which can be accessed only by the Salon Management team.
Paper records are held in a locked cabinet or in secure archive storage.
HOW IS PERSONAL DATA DELETED?
Personal data is permanently deleted in accordance with the retention periods listed above from:
- Salon software system
- Electronic files
- Paper records, which are securely shredded
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION, CORRECTION AND DELETION
See our Privacy Notice at www.inanch.com/privacynotice. All requests for access to personal information will be handled by the Salon Management. Please contact [email protected] for further information. Responses to requests will be made within 30 days. All information relating to the individual will be compiled into a report and collected from:
- Salon software system
- Financial transactions
- Other electronic records
- Paper records (where applicable)
Date completed: 18th May 2018.